Re: Alternative proposal: support for alternative init systems is desirable but not mandatory

Hi,

Lucas Nussbaum:
> For example, Ian's "software may not require a specific init system to be pid
> 1" could be abused by introducing a systemd-clone package in the archive

Please try to ignore maleficial intent and similar failure modes.

If we'd go that way, not only would we need to define (and capitalize)
every second word, but the GR proposals would be a lot longer – and
correspondingly harder to understand / apply correctly.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs