Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> I think that if necessary we might have to delay the release.  That
> would be a matter for the release team.  I would be very unhappy if we
> ditched the ability of people to choose a different init system simply
> to maintain our release schedule.

Hurray, what a great idea to delay everything *now*.

And all because some people believe in conspiracy theories about Red
Hat...

Anyone around for the alternative choice of just one init system? In the
same spirit of just one libc? (Yeah, choice of course does not include
the C library or the kernel if it's just anti-evil-Red-Hat...)

Ansgar