Re: Standardization, large scale changes, innovations

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Now when we upgrade our policies and/or infrastructures, like what was
>> recently proposed for sha1sums instead, this requires manual updating of
>> all our packages for no good reason.
>
>         That would be the naive way to implement things. And yes, that
>  would be sillly.
>
>         I just update code in one place, test it, and then run a script
>  that does a git pull for all my packages. The next time I build the
>  package, it will pull in the change.

Exactly there is the problem. If you'd use dh_md5sums, a binNMU would be all
that is needed to update your packages (yes, I know that is not yet possible for
arch:all, but I guess the time will come...). In your case we have to wait until
you've decided to upload all of your packages...

 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79
                   ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F