Re: Standardization, large scale changes, innovations

On Thu, Mar 25 2010, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Hello,
>
> those questions are for all candidates. By standardization I mean that
> something should be used as default tool unless reasons exist to use
> something else

        This is great!! perhaps we can get rid of the abomination that
 is vi and get everyone to use the one true editor all at once.

        What did you say? What difference does it make what tool is used
 when the result is equal? What a silly idea. The concept that rules and
 policies dictate interfaces and standards rather than implementation
 seem so antiquated. In the name of standardization we can stifle all
 variation and  innovation.

        Ah, needless  conformity, the hobgoblin of ...

        manoj
--
The Official Colorado State Vegetable is now the "state legislator".
4096R/C5779A1C E37E 5EC5 2A01 DA25 AD20  05B6 CF48 9438 C577 9A1C