Re: Standardization, large scale changes, innovations

On Tue, Mar 30 2010, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
>> Le mardi 30 mars 2010 à 07:18 -0700, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
>
>>> I am not sure that follows. How has my not using debhelper made
>>>  it harder for newcomers?
>
>> Your packages are absolutely impossible to maintain by anyone but
>> yourself.
>
> I am an existence proof that the absoluteness of this statement is
> incorrect.

        I might agree that maintenance of my packages might raise a
 competence bar for the would-be-maintainer, and some people might fail
 to meet that bar.

        At this point I am uncertain that I am not happy at the
 prospect, as long as I am the maintainer and have signed up to clean up
 the mess.

        manoj

--
Feeling amorous, she looked under the sheets and cried, "Oh, no, it's
Microsoft!"