Re: Call for seconds: DFSG violations in Lenny

* Robert Millan (rmh@aybabtu.com) [081117 15:28]:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 09:20:13AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Honestly, the time wasted on this whole GR cycle is orders of magnitude more
> > than the time it would have taken to just finish removing the sourceless
> > firmware from the main kernel package and support loading it from the
> > installer.
>
> Maybe, but that wouldn't have solved the actual problem.  Which is, a selected
> group taking decisions about major issues without the endorsement of the
> project.

But this selected group has the endorsement of the project, see
<[🔎] 87bpwfw3gt.fsf@anzu.internal.golden-gryphon.com>, by the constitution
that we all agreed to hold up, and by the decisions of officers under
roles of the constitution. That you personally don't agree is of course
ok, but that doesn't make the decision unconstitutional. You are of
course also free to try to override the decision by an GR, details see
the constitution.

But please stop telling FUD about the way Debian works. Thanks.

> The only zealots here are those who want to impose their view on the rest of
> the project.

So you agree that you're an zealot? Ok, seems to be consistent with your
behaviour.

Cheers,
Andi