Re: Call for seconds: DFSG violations in Lenny

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 01:24:56PM +0100, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Robert Millan wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 08:48:44AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> >> No it's really not funny. I'm sick of reading ad nauseam your opinion.

> > Then don't read it.  Me, I'm sick of reading personal attacks, but I
> > choose to read anyway out of responsibility.

> If you're sick of personal attacks, stop this bullshit and spend your
> time on something useful. Like fixing RC bugs so Lenny can be released
> SOON. You're wasting a lot of people's time here, time which could be
> spent on making Lenny the best release ever. The only thing you're doing
> is to make Lenny the release with the longest freeze time ever.

Not that I disagree with the rest, but I don't think Robert has much chance
of displacing sarge from that position of honor.

Honestly, the time wasted on this whole GR cycle is orders of magnitude more
than the time it would have taken to just finish removing the sourceless
firmware from the main kernel package and support loading it from the
installer.

> Bernd
> ... who will look for a different distribution to spend his time on, if
> Robert's proposals will pass the GR.

Careful; given the uncompromising zealotry of the people arguing for the
removal of sourceless firmware at all costs, statements like this are only
likely to encourage them. :P