Re: Call for seconds: DFSG violations in Lenny

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 08:48:44AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> No it's really not funny. I'm sick of reading ad nauseam your opinion.

Then don't read it.  Me, I'm sick of reading personal attacks, but I
choose to read anyway out of responsibility.

> It
> smells like you have the truth and you want to impose it.

The only individuals in a position to impose anything are Release Team members,
and I'm not entitled to force them to comply with the Social Contract;  only
the project as a whole is.

> (And yes, I hope your resolution won't pass

Which is "my" resolution?  You mean any of the options in which the developers
get to decide what we do about Lenny?

My hope is that whatever we decide, it is the result of the widest consensus
possible, and that it is decided by the developers as a whole, not by a few
selected ones.

> and I'll support the RM in
> their difficult job…)

So do I.  If the project grants them an exception to release Lenny (like we
did for Sarge and Etch), I'll support that too.

--
Robert Millan