Re: Call for seconds: DFSG violations in Lenny

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 09:20:13AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 01:24:56PM +0100, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> > The only thing you're doing
> > is to make Lenny the release with the longest freeze time ever.
>
> Not that I disagree with the rest, but I don't think Robert has much chance
> of displacing sarge from that position of honor.

Why would I want that?

> Honestly, the time wasted on this whole GR cycle is orders of magnitude more
> than the time it would have taken to just finish removing the sourceless
> firmware from the main kernel package and support loading it from the
> installer.

Maybe, but that wouldn't have solved the actual problem.  Which is, a selected
group taking decisions about major issues without the endorsement of the
project.

> Careful; given the uncompromising zealotry of the people arguing for the
> removal of sourceless firmware at all costs,

Please would you (all) stop referring to these imaginary "uncompromising
zealots" arguing imaginary things that I don't recall even reading in this
discussion?

The only zealots here are those who want to impose their view on the rest of
the project.  It happens they won't be able to, because a vote is already
scheduled.  Whatever we decide now, it will be by consensus.

--
Robert Millan