Re: A question to the Debian community ...

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 12:05:39AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> writes:
> > On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 02:07:36PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>
> >> If you're out to improve the world and get it rid of all social
> >> unfairnesses, I suggest you find yourself another project.
>
> > Now there's a shitty thing to say.
>
> Anything else would be simply inaccurate.
>
> What do you expect?  Do you tell people that breaking up with their
> partners is a shitty thing to do?  Lots of breakups are unfair.  They
> happen anyway.  Some of them come complete with the horrified and offended
> ex who can't understand why the relationship fell apart and who can't
> believe how horribly unfair the breakup was, and keeps hanging around,
> convinced that one day you'll realize just how badly you treated them and
> then everything will be wonderful again.  Often they're wonderfully decent
> human beings -- after all, that's why the relationship started in the
> first place.  Those are sometimes the ones that make you feel like crap.
> You still don't get back together, and if you do, it's inevitably a
> horrible mistake.
>
> It was a failure of social interaction.  Last time I checked, we're still
> humans, with all the associated baggage and standard problems.  If you

Yes, we are all humans, except me, right ?

> spend the rest of time revisiting decisions over and over.  At some point,
> you have to say enough is enough, walk away from the mess, and move on.
> Poking at it forever doesn't make it better.

So, why was the expulsion process restarted against me in february,
while i was trying to walk away from the mess and move on ? In february,
what could be reproached to me.

The problem is that we are all humans, but there are differences in
human behaviour, you can recognize your errors, and try to make amends,
and search a resolution, or you can behave badly, refuse any kind of
compromise apart full victory, and go at the other's throat until you
kill him.

Debian has decided to support the second behaviour here, and Debian not
being an amorphous thing with his own mind, debian is each and all
individual DDs, and this mean, that *YOU* have decided to support this
behaviour, and i was the victim sacrificed, and left bleeding on the
road side, because the other side could not accept anything but full
bloody victory.

You may see this as normal, but it will hurt debian in the long run far
far more than everything i have or could have done, and it is indeed a
shitty thing to let happen, which is why everyone prefers me silenced
rather than pointing the finger to what happened, and showing them their
guilt in this.

You don't like the messenge, so you shoot the messenger, right ?

Well, i believed better of humanity, i believed better of my fellow DDs,
i guess this is all my fault in believing in goodness rather than evil.

Saddened,

Sven Luther