Re: question for all candidates

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 01:05:06AM +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> That is a good
> thing since everyone who thinks he can do this alone without
> being just a figure head fools himself and the whole Debian
> project. Both he and I understood that and can provide a real
> choice to the voters.

Do you think the other candidates will be trying to "do this alone"?

There are a few reasons to dislike the "DPL team" concept without going
it alone; such as the liklihood of formal membership making it difficult
for non-members to contribute in the same way members do, or the way that
making the team be an issue at election-time tends to politicise it --
if Steve and Andi are working with you, does that mean they're working
against me or Joroen? The technical committee has a policy (written into
the constitution, no less!) of doing all its deliberations in the open [0],
while the DPL team over the past year seems to have operated quite privately,
if not secretively.

At the very least, with no action required on their part at all,
whoever is elected DPL will have the technical committee, dozens of
infrastructure maintainers, and hundreds of developers, new maintainers
and other contributors ready to offer advice and assistance.

Cheers,
aj

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/03/msg00065.html