Re: question for all candidates

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006, Anthony Towns wrote:
> There are a few reasons to dislike the "DPL team" concept without going
> it alone; such as the liklihood of formal membership making it difficult
> for non-members to contribute in the same way members do, or the way that
> making the team be an issue at election-time tends to politicise it --
> if Steve and Andi are working with you, does that mean they're working
> against me or Joroen?

Certainly not. I have accepted to be on Andrea's team because I want to
help Debian and had no particular reason to refuse his invitation (even if
I don't think that stockholm would do the best DPL).

But I will certainly offer my help to another DPL like Steve and you.

> The technical committee has a policy (written into
> the constitution, no less!) of doing all its deliberations in the open [0],
> while the DPL team over the past year seems to have operated quite privately,
> if not secretively.

That's right, and this really needs to change. But this thread explains
partly why many things got done privately ... and with another approach
I'm convinced that we can do better.

Single DPL or DPL team, both have pros and both have cons.

Raphaël Hertzog