Re: Vote Robinson for DPL!

Ean Schuessler <ean@brainfood.com> writes:

> On Saturday 19 February 2005 02:30 pm, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Branden's implication on IRC was that he had already paid it when he
> > got the note from your mother, and that you had already said Huzzah!
> > when your mother sent the reminder, suggesting that you and she don't
> > communicate very well about business.
>
> A strained suggestion at best. A promise from SPI to pay is not the same as a
> check in hand. My Mom doesn't read spi-private. Worst case scenerio, I did
> not run into my Mom's office and shout "they paid!" the second I read
> Branden's post.
>
> It mostly indicates that Branden did not copy my Mother on his
> message announcing payment. Otherwise, why would he write her?
>
> In any case, my beef is that he is publicly talking about the
> incompetence of my organization for totally unsubstantiated
> reasons. That's bad behavior.  Even more so since my organization is
> a long-time, reliable and well behaved donor and supporter of the
> Debian project. If this is how Branden treats friends I'd hate to
> see how he treats enemies.

And that's my beef my Branden.  I do appreciate his work as a
maintainer, but he's overly brash in his interactions with other
people.  As the DPL is exposed to a lot of public attention, I think
Branden's personality is not suited to the position.  That's very
unfortunate because I think his energy would bring a lot of good
things to the helm of the project.

Hi Branden :-)  Flame on!

Phil.