Re: Vote Robinson for DPL!

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 02:48:36PM -0600, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> On Saturday 19 February 2005 02:30 pm, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Branden's implication on IRC was that he had already paid it when he
> > got the note from your mother, and that you had already said Huzzah!
> > when your mother sent the reminder, suggesting that you and she don't
> > communicate very well about business.

> In any case, my beef is that he is publicly talking about the incompetence of
> my organization for totally unsubstantiated reasons.

> <Overfiend> So apparently even Ean and his mother don't practice the sort of
> vaunted levels of communication that Ean vowed to bring to SPI.

Er, so the only alternatives here are "practicing the sort of vaunted levels
of communication that [you] vowed to bring to SPI" and "organizational
incompetence"?  I would have suspected your black-and-white existence to be
rather bleak, but clearly you find ample cause for excitement...  Or perhaps
you're referring to some accusation of incompetence that *wasn't* quoted in
your message to debian-vote?  Something less balanced and defensible than
Branden expressing irritation at being called (in his words) an "ungrateful
bastard"?

> That's bad behavior.

Pot, meet the kettle.  You accuse him of "publicly" talking about Brainfood
incompetence, when for most people on this list, *your post* made his
comments far more public than Branden himself did.  Oh, and I'm sure your
mom is also sure to appreciate what your post has done for the results of a
google search on her name.  This all seems a rather contrived justification
for posting such a bewilderingly off-topic message to debian-vote about
someone who hasn't even nominated himself as a candidate.  I agree with
Thomas: your post says much more about you than it does about Branden.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer