Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

Scripsit Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>

> [1] you want find the "logical differences" between what the GRs say and
> what you want the GRs to be understood to say, to find any problems so
> that you can address them.

No, I want to finde out whether there is a difference between how I
interpret the GRs and how Anthony interprets them, with respect to the
question of releasing sarge with non-free stuff in it.

> [2] you feel that the right way to achieve this "logical diff" is for
> you to get Anthony to provide an interpretation of the GRs so you can
> test what he says.

Asking Anthony is the only way of finding out anything about how he
will interpret various outcomes.

> [3] you feel that the wrong way to achieve this "logical diff" is
> for you to provide your own interpretation of the GRs (getting into
> how they address the issues you feel are important)

Wrong. I have given my own interpretation. I can restate it here if
you missed it:

   In my interpretation each of the five currently proposed GRs will
   allow sarge to be released with the kind of non-free stuff in it
   that the RM considered OK before 2004-003.

With the obvious addition that, in case of proposal A this is only
true if sarge otherwise gets ready for release before September 1.

> and ask others (Anthony included) for differences between your
> interpretation and their interpretation.

That is what I am doing.

--
Henning Makholm          "Ambiguous cases are defined as those for which the
                       compiler being used finds a legitimate interpretation