Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 10:01:46PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Sure, since we were practically at the brink of releasing
>  Sarge, anyway, and, as I said in the proposal life does not stop
>  just because we changed a foundation document.
> 	I think that this is not something the tech ctte needs to
>  hand to the project from up on high. I believe that we ought to
>  continue to support users, bug fixes, overdue releases, etc. while
>  we work towards changing stuff to meet the new SC --- however, this
>  is something we need to get a buy in from the majority of the
>  developers.
>
> 	There is a time and a place for tech ctte to take things into
>  its own hands, but, this, I think, is not such a time.

I guess what you're saying is that you think "releasing Sarge" is a
good idea, but not such an obviously valid idea that we should proceed
with that idea without a GR that explicitly states that that's what we
should do?

If that's the case, I don't see why Anthony should treat it as such an
obviously valid idea that he should proceed with that idea without a GR
that explicitly states that that's what he should do.

--
Raul