Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

On Wed, 19 May 2004 21:23:12 -0400, Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> said:

> In other words, with the new social contract, there should be no
> problem releasing Sarge with GFDL and other such stuff in main?

	Sure, since we were practically at the brink of releasing
 Sarge, anyway, and, as I said in the proposal life does not stop
 just because we changed a foundation document.

> On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 07:22:08PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> As I mentioned in -ctte; I think this is for the whole project
>> membership to decide. Proposal E is essentially a formalized
>> grandfathering guideline.

> In other words, the Technical Committee shouldn't say that, with the
> new social contract, there should be no problem releasing Sarge with
> GFDL and other such stuff in main?

	I think that this is not something the tech ctte needs to
 hand to the project from up on high. I believe that we ought to
 continue to support users, bug fixes, overdue releases, etc. while
 we work towards changing stuff to meet the new SC --- however, this
 is something we need to get a buy in from the majority of the
 developers.

	There is a time and a place for tech ctte to take things into
 its own hands, but, this, I think, is not such a time.

	manoj
--
To accuse others for one's own misfortunes is a sign of want of
education. To accuse oneself shows that one's education has begun.  To