Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 11:38:37AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > I think that I mistyped, and meant sarge when I said woody.
>
> In that case: most of those GRs simply revert the social contract with
> different ideas of "how long".  One goes further and establishes a
> pattern for future revisions of the social contract.

Yes.  Will Anthony do that?  I assume so.

> In that context asking "what does all this mean for the release" seems
> like refusal to think.

I thought carefully about the last resolution, and assumed that it was
blindingly obvious that of course changes would get phased in over a
period of tim.  I was shocked that Anthony took the position they
would need to be instantly conformed to.

I am worried that again there will be something that I think is
blindingly obvious that he will take differently.

> Why isn't it sufficient that he's stated that his interpretation of
> the old SC allowed some packages and his interpretation of the new SC
> does not?

Because I have no idea whether he agrees that the GRs in question
actually revert it properly.  I am worried that he will interpret one
in a way that prevents it.  And since it's so easy for him to say
"yes", and he won't, it makes me suspect all the more that the answer
isn't yes, and I am trying to figure out why he won't tell us.

Thomas