Re: Branden's Platform in German, Spanish, Italian, and (some) French

On 21 Mar 2004 11:47:03 -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> said:

> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
>> > I've even complained about this more than once on debian-devel,
>> > and been told to just get over it.
>>
>> You do have to learn to deal with group dynamics of any large
>> social organization, yes.

> Ok, what is your suggestion to deal with the case?  I have tried

	Discuss it with the DPL. Bring the discussion over to
 debian-devel, tru to get other people involved in the discussion,
 perhaps that shall get the maintainer to change. Failing that, file a
 report with the tech ctte; this seems an open and shut case of things
 not to do with the bts

> reopening the bug, but that works only for that bug.  Is anyone
> going to tell Christian Marillat that it's not appropriate to close
> bugs just because upstream says "we won't fix this"?

	The tech ctte can, if gentler means of persuasion fail.

	manoj
--
"I'd love to go out with you, but I did my own thing and now I've got
to undo it."