Re: non-free and users?

Sergey Spiridonov <sena@hurd.homeunix.org> writes:

[...]

> I failed to prove that *just* refraining from distributing non-free
> software would be *more* ethical. So I do not think doing only this is
> enough. On the other side distributing non-free does not serves human
> ethics in the most effective way. I assert that acting most ethically
> all the time is one of the main Debian aims.

I will probably, end my participation to this discussion here, with
these comment: for me the aims of Debian is its user and free
software. its aim is to build the better system that we could with the
time and resource we give to it. Its aim is to have the job done, not
some philosophical aim. And if some of our user found helpful to have
a non-free repository, and we could give it to them, we should.

[...]

--
Rémi Vanicat