Re: non-free and users?

> 1. Person 'A' distributes non-free program to person 'B'. Person 'B'
> come to me and ask for help. I reject to help, since the program is not
> free. In this case I suffer from being not able to help person 'B'
> because of the actions of persons 'A' and 'B'[1].

And please tell me, how could you have suffered less if 'A' did not
provide the non-free software to 'B' ? You could not have helped him
more, and indeed, if the help was possible without modification, or
maybe just with asking upstream to apply a patch or something, you are
then _less_ able to help 'B' than you would have been if 'A' had given
the software to 'B'.

Furthermore, by stopping 'A' from distributing the software to 'C', who
you have never seen don't know about his needs, you are acting in an
unethical dictatorial-like fashion, because for a rather dubious reason,
you have imposed your will on two third party persons who did not harm
you in nothing.

Friendly,

Sven Luther