Re: non-free and users?

Raul Miller wrote:
On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 02:42:27AM +0100, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:

Yes, but if we reject to distribute non-free because we are busy with creating a free replacement or with working on/packaging of other free software we are acting in very ethical way without necessity to compel ourselves to actions which lead to described non-ethical situation.

I think that should be a per-developer decision, not something for the
social contract.

There is a problem with changing Social Contract in the way which will hurt any developer which already agrees with the old version. That is why my very first question was "Is distributing non-free compatible with Debian developer ethics?". Probably I should update it according to the results of our discussion. Probably not.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov