Re: non-free and users?

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 03:03:37PM +0100, Sergey Spiridonov wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
>
> >>I did not accuse you in maintaining the unicorn driver. I said that
> >>Debian compel himself to non-ethical actions by distributing the package
> >>which you maintain.
> >
> >You also said this is a result of my packaging work on non-free
> >packages, thus leveling an indirect accusation against me. In this, you
> >are hurting my honor, and i want you to immediately stop saying such
> >things.
>
> It is a result of how Debian acts now. Your are Debian developer and
> should be responsible for this, at least partially.
>
> If you think that I lie (intentionally or unintentionally) in describing
> what Debian does, please tell me, what exactly do you mean. But if you
> really agree that things which you are doing hurt your honor, I will
> immideately stop saying this.

I am saying that you are diffaming me, and thus hurting my honor, by
saying that because of the work i do on non-free package, i personnally
and the debian project of which i am part, is acting non-ethically.

I want you to stop this diffamation, and retract your unfunded
accusations, maybe even apologize to all the non-free maintainers, who
have been insulted by your allegations, that the gift of their time and
work could in any way be considered non-ethical.

Friendly,

Sven Luther