Re: summary of software licenses in non-free

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 02:26:45PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> The main problem being the non-existance of ftp.non-free.org, and the
> doubt that such a thing will ever happen in a satisfactory way.

Yeah, we could bitch about this all the time, so we don't have to
discuss any other issues.

Do you have any concrete proposels on how we could get this going? If
not, could you at least assume we were able to solve that problem, for
the sake of discussion?

*I* don't mind dumping non-free to /dev/null, but I see the point in
supporting our users to migrate, so that's why I try to get a transition
plan going. Hey, you don't even have to *do* something, you just need to
provide good advise and not block off every proposal at the first
sight (and heck, you probably could have setup the APT repository for
non-free during the time you wast^Wspent in this discussion).

Michael