Re: Proposed ballot for the constitutional amendment

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:28:18 +0100 (CET), Peter Karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se> said:

> Manoj Srivastava:
>> I think you need a better grammar book.  I shall ...  They will.  I
>> will ...  They shall.

> I thought your intent was to use it in the sense that it is not
> going to have the option (passive), which would be "it will not",
> not the sense that you do not want it to have the option (active
> from your part), which would be "it shall not".

	Well, that is partially true, but is not the entire reason for
 the construct; given the time table of the voting period, the current
 state of the code, my time constrainst, the technical reasons why
 encrypting to  the (insecure) vote key is not a great idea,
 decryption shall not happen, at least for this vote.

> If the latter was the intent, than "it shall not" is indeed true,
> but from the other messages in the thread, I got the impression that
> you tried to convey the first meaning, in which case "shall" would
> be inappropriate.

	I wish people would give me a modicum of credit for being
 conversant with the language.  However, I am indeed opposed to giving
 Devotee the ability to decrypt messages in the near term. However,
 for the purpose of this vote, you can bank on the the expectation
 that devotee shall not,  indeed, decrypt your ballot.

	manoj
--
e-credibility: the non-guaranteeable likelihood that the electronic
data you're seeing is genuine rather than somebody's made-up