Re: Proposed General Resolution : IRC as a Debian communication channel

Le Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 12:26:44AM +1000, Anthony Towns écrivait:
> On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 03:03:39PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > I'm only annoyed with the fact that #debian-devel ought to be for
> > person interested in Debian's development and not only for Debian
> > developers.
>
> Again, saying it doesn't make it true.

Of course, but I believe it's the right thing. And i defend my opinion.
And work to make it reality. I think that many people think like me on
this precise point.

> You might consider the fact that #debian-devel has been secret (+s) ever
> since its creation, eg, and what that indicates about general consensus
> on the validity of your stement.

Why should there a be an intent behind a technical fact ? I believe it's
just because we want to avoid kiddies and other lurkers joining just
because it appeared on /list ...

+s != debian developer only :-)

> A first step might be to find out why people seem to think that #dd
> should only be for developers, rather than just repeatedly assuming that
> it shouldn't.

I don't assume, I want it to be that way because I think that it's good
for the project. And no people don't think that #d-d should be for
developers only. Just look how Overfiend and wiggy disagree on that
precise point. If there had been a consensus, we wouldn't discuss it
here. :)

Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com