Re: Proposed General Resolution : IRC as a Debian communication channel

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 03:03:39PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> I'm only annoyed with the fact that #debian-devel ought to be for
> person interested in Debian's development and not only for Debian
> developers.

Again, saying it doesn't make it true.

You might consider the fact that #debian-devel has been secret (+s) ever
since its creation, eg, and what that indicates about general consensus
on the validity of your stement.

A first step might be to find out why people seem to think that #dd
should only be for developers, rather than just repeatedly assuming that
it shouldn't.

Cheers,
aj

 "Security here. Yes, maam. Yes. Groucho glasses. Yes, we're on it.
   C'mon, guys. Somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
    can't deal with deconstructionist humor. Code Blue."
		-- Mike Hoye,
		      see http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt