Re: Summary of voting irregularities

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 06:21:51AM -0500, Joseph Carter wrote:
> A CFV was issued. Several people waited. And waited. The lists got
> quiet while people waited. If your are the chair of the technical
> committee, then you too have been ignoring your duties. Due process
> has been followed and a vote was called for.

>From WordNet (r) 1.6 [wn]:

  due process
       n : the administration of justice according to established rules
           and principles; based on the principle that a person
           cannot be deprived of life or liberty or property without
           appropriate legal procedures and safeguards [syn: {due
           process of law}]

> It seems that it's relatively easy for any small handful of people to
> be unable (or in your case, clearly unwilling) to act according the
> the constitution can kill off any resolution.

It's not necessarily a bad thing for a resolution to die off.  The
constitution [the current constitution] specifically allows for this,
in more ways than one.

Debian is primarily about putting together an excellent distribution.

> When are technical committee elections held?  Or are there any?  AFAIK,
> the current committee was appointed.  I think it's time to restructure it
> a bit, in either case.

Why haven't you read what the constitution has to say about this?

--
Raul