Re: Summary of voting irregularities

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:31:59PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> > So the Chairman of the Technical Committee needs to be nagged to
> > perform his duties? He can't be expected to subscribe to debian-vote
> > and notice that weeks pass after a CFV and the Project Secretary still
> > hasn't issued a ballot?
>
> What makes you think that it's the duty of the technical committee
> chairman to step in when no one cares to talk about a vote?
>
> [That's certainly not what the constitution states, and that's not how
> I understand the intent of the constitution.]

A CFV was issued.  Several people waited.  And waited.  The lists got
quiet while people waited.  If your are the chair of the technical
committee, then you too have been ignoring your duties.  Due process has
been followed and a vote was called for.

It seems that it's relatively easy for any small handful of people to be
unable (or in your case, clearly unwilling) to act according the the
constitution can kill off any resolution.

When are technical committee elections held?  Or are there any?  AFAIK,
the current committee was appointed.  I think it's time to restructure it
a bit, in either case.

Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it recieves a response
to a DNS query that was never made.  Fix Information: Run your DNS
service on a different platform.
        -- BugTraq