Re: Summary of voting irregularities

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 06:21:51AM -0500, Joseph Carter wrote:
> A CFV was issued.  Several people waited.  And waited.  The lists got
> quiet while people waited.  If your are the chair of the technical
> committee, then you too have been ignoring your duties.  Due process has
> been followed and a vote was called for.

Please point out the section of the constituition which says that
the chair of the technical committee must stand in for an absent
secretary.

All I can find is a part of 7.2, which says that the chair
MAY act as secretary; not that they must.

"If there is no Project Secretary or the current Secretary is unavailable
and has not delegated authority for a decision then the decision may be
made or delegated by the Chairman of the Technical Committee,
as Acting Secretary."

So, someone could have asked Raul to act, or Raul could have acted
if he felt so inclined, but he is certainly not required to seek out
jobs of an absent secretary to do. It doesn't even say he must act
as secretary under any particular circumstance, only that he may.
So there's not much point in making baseless demands of Raul, really.

Hamish