Re: ipv6 maybe has arrived.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 10:04:14AM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> The part I still don't understand is how adding "search files, nameserver"
> to /etc/resolv.conf and rebooting could change the behavior of any of
> Gene's commands.

Sorry, Gene's line was actually "search hosts, nameserver".

So, "ping coyote" should have triggered name resolution for "coyote.hosts"
and/or "coyote.nameserver".

It's just barely conceivable that *something* might have created a
resolvable entry for "coyote.hosts", and that some libnss-* module might
have returned a working IP address using it.

I just don't know what that *something* could be.