Re: Uninstalling a package removes other essential packages: What is the best course of action?

On Mon 14 Feb 2022 at 11:18:12 (+0100), Stella Ashburne wrote:
> > Sent: Monday, February 14, 2022 at 1:02 AM
> > From: "David Wright" <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> >
> > Tee-hee. We Brits can sneak our code into Debian without arousing
> > suspicion — we just label it "english". That's when we bother to
> > label it at all —
>
> Indeed and the world is fortunate to have James and Jane Bond with their sidekick Q to maintain world peace.
>
> Over here, we can count on Jason Bourne, Jack Ryan and Jack Reacher to do the same job.
>
> In more recent memory, the real hero is undoubtedly Edward Snowden who revealed to the world the extent of NSA's snooping.
>
> > Most of it just slips in as the default language
> > of Debian.
>
> Does Debian have a default language? What is it? Latin? Esperanto? American English?

Perhaps the simplest way of answering this is to configure
your system with /etc/default/locale file as LANG=C.UTF-8,
and unset any specific i18n or L10n settings and see what
you get. Perhaps try again in 50 years: it could differ.

But in view of that single letter in your reply, and another
post on d-u, I'll not bother to continue this thread. I'm
just not interested in taking what looks to me like a
xenophobic approach to foreign language scripts or anything
else in Debian.

People who are genuinely concerned about security vulnerabilities
normally work on fixing them, rather than spreading insinuations
of conspiracies.

Cheers,
David.