Re: Uninstalling a package removes other essential packages: What is the best course of action?

> Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 7:14 AM
> From: "David Wright" <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Uninstalling a package removes other essential packages: What is the best course of action?
>

> But in view of that single letter in your reply, and another
> post on d-u, I'll not bother to continue this thread. I'm
> just not interested in taking what looks to me like a
> xenophobic approach to foreign language scripts or anything
> else in Debian.

My dear David,

I am surprised you are quick to pass judgments on people. I don't think that's you.

Me a xenophobe? Nothing can be further from the truth.

One of my parents is a diplomat and I spent a significant part of my childhood and adolescence in Asia and Latin America.

> People who are genuinely concerned about security vulnerabilities
> normally work on fixing them, rather than spreading insinuations
> of conspiracies.

You are right. I would fix them if I had the knowledge and competency.

Best regards.

Stella