Re: Uninstalling a package removes other essential packages: What is the best course of action?

Hello Dearie

> Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 8:34 AM
> From: "David Wright" <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Uninstalling a package removes other essential packages: What is the best course of action?
>

> Installing those two would add 170 more packages to my system, so

OMG

> > What is the best course of action?
>
> Leave it. Worry about bigger issues than the odd library.

For all you know, the odd library which is this Thai file in question may contain poorly designed code, ill-intentioned designed code or backdoors that enable(s) root privileges without a user's direct intervention.

Best regards.

Stella