Re: Uninstalling a package removes other essential packages: What is the best course of action?

On Sun 13 Feb 2022 at 07:36:55 (+0100), Stella Ashburne wrote:
> Hello Dearie
>
> > Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 8:34 AM
> > From: "David Wright" <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > Subject: Re: Uninstalling a package removes other essential packages: What is the best course of action?
> >
> > Installing those two would add 170 more packages to my system, so
>
> OMG
>
> > > What is the best course of action?
> >
> > Leave it. Worry about bigger issues than the odd library.
> >
> For all you know, the odd library which is this Thai file in question may contain poorly designed code, ill-intentioned designed code or backdoors that enable(s) root privileges without a user's direct intervention.

Tee-hee. We Brits can sneak our code into Debian without arousing
suspicion — we just label it "english". That's when we bother to
label it at all — Most of it just slips in as the default language
of Debian. And Linux. And computing in general. And the world.

Cheers,
David.