Re: masked service file

On 2021-09-03 00:21, Brian wrote:

On 2021-09-02 23:28, Brian wrote:

[...]

> Please go back and read your very first post. You asked three questions.
> Which one has not been answered?

Please understand you are talking to an idiot, you have to say things slowly
for example if saned.service is >/dev/null why is it there at all ?

That's a foutth question. We assume the other three questions have been
addressed to your satisfaction. We aim for a happy user :).

The fourth question and its answer was also touched on earlier. The file's presence allows all the instances spawned by saned@.service to be managed.

additional questions then:
Scanning with xsane is quite zippy but scanbd/press button is noticeably slower to kick off.
Could this be to do with not passing options to scanimage ?
can I take options from xSane to give to scanbd/scanimage ?
are there reasons to use scanadf instead of scanimage?
mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31