Re: masked service file

On 2021-09-02 16:22, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Thu, Sep 02, 2021 at 04:13:34PM +0100, mick crane wrote:
I'll just presume you are grumpy because you have had the jab.

Please stop.

Take a breath.  In.  Out.

Now: what is the problem you're experiencing?  Start with a high level

After that introduction, give the background information.  Tell us what
version of Debian you're using, what model the scanner is (assuming it's
a scanner problem), and what software you've installed to try to make
it work.

After that, tell us the *specific* details about your problem.  What
actions are you taking, and what results do you get?  Tell us the exact
commands you're running, and paste their actual output into the email.
If there are relevant log file snippets, paste those into the email.

(I understand that identifying which information is relevant is an art
form.  Mistakes are OK.  Do your best, and if someone asks for more
information, be prepared to include that in a follow-up email.)

my original question was a request for self help information as to why a service would be masked. I'm guessing that masking saned service is part of scanbd installation because of using inetd or something. As previously mentioned I was getting so many error messages (Bookworm) that I couldn't fathom that reverted installation to Bullseye and everything so far is working again.
Which is what we want.
mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31