Re: Emoji fonts in Debian [WAS:] Re: How to NOT automatically mount a specific partition of an external device?

On Sat 27 Nov 2021 at 21:50:22 (-0600), John Hasler wrote:
> Do you have the "fonts-recommended" package installed?

Obviously I'm doing something wrong (or not doing it),
as I have just installed all the fonts available in
buster that match fonts-recommended/bullseye, including
fonts-noto-color-emoji, and yet:

$ dpkg -l | grep emoji
ii  fonts-noto-color-emoji    0~20180810-1    all    color emoji font from Google
ii  fonts-symbola             2.60-1          all    symbolic font providing emoji characters from Unicode 9.0
$ fc-list noto
$ fc-match noto
DejaVuSans.ttf: "DejaVu Sans" "Book"
$

Nothing changes from my previous post: four monochrome emojis.
(I take Celejar's point, that correct installation and
implementation would cause the first two to combine.)

Cheers,
David.