Re: Emoji fonts in Debian [WAS:] Re: How to NOT automatically mount a specific partition of an external device?

On Sun 28 Nov 2021 at 15:43:52 (-0500), Celejar wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 14:11:27 -0600 John Hasler wrote:
> > Celejar writes:
> > > ...or even "recommends" that one...
> >
> > I wrote:
> > > How do you know?
> >
> > Celejar writes:
> > > $ apt-cache rdepends fonts-recommended
> > > fonts-recommended
> > > Reverse Depends:
> >
> > That doesn't show recommends.
>
> Yes, it does. From the man page:
>
> --no-pre-depends, --no-depends, --no-recommends, --no-suggests, --no-conflicts, --no-breaks, --no-replaces, --no-enhances
>            Per default the depends and rdepends print all dependencies. This can be tweaked with these flags which will omit the specified
>            dependency type. Configuration Item: APT::Cache::ShowDependencyType e.g.  APT::Cache::ShowRecommends.

I wouldn't even need a Suggestion to install such a meta-package.
Anything to reduce the size of this line out of my "basic packages" list:

apt-get -y install fonts-lyx fonts-ricty-diminished texlive-font-utils fonts-rufscript fonts-yanone-kaffeesatz xfonts-efont-unicode-ib fonts-humor-sans fonts-3270 fonts-cantarell fonts-gfs-didot-classic fonts-ecolier-court ttf-aenigma texlive-fonts-recommended-doc texlive-fonts-extra fonts-oxygen fonts-lobster xfonts-jmk xfonts-terminus-oblique fonts-gfs-baskerville texlive-latex-extra-doc texlive-pictures texlive-fonts-recommended pfb2t1c2pfb fonts-ocr-a fonts-ocr-b texlive-latex-extra preview-latex-style xfonts-75dpi ps2eps fonts-oflb-euterpe ttf-anonymous-pro texlive-fonts-extra-doc fonts-gfs-bodoni-classic fonts-inconsolata xfonts-efont-unicode fonts-hack fonty-rg texlive-pstricks-doc xfonts-terminus texlive-pstricks fonts-ipafont-gothic cm-super-x11 tipa tex-gyre fonts-dkg-handwriting fonts-tiresias fonts-texgyre xfonts-100dpi cm-super tv-fonts texlive-latex-recommended-doc fonts-ecolier-lignes-court fonts-mph-2b-damase fonts-ipafont-mincho xfonts-scalable fonts-ipafont texlive-pictures-doc texlive-latex-recommended fonts-fantasque-sans fonts-liberation2 xfonts-intl-phonetic texlive-extra-utils cm-super-minimal # ttf-denemo # missing

Cheers,
David.