Re: Emoji fonts in Debian [WAS:] Re: How to NOT automatically mount a specific partition of an external device?

On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 18:50:29 -0600
Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:

> * On 2021 26 Nov 11:36 -0600, Celejar wrote:
> > On Thu, 25 Nov 2021 10:43:16 +0000
> > Jonathan Dowland <jon+debian-user@dow.land> wrote:

> > > 👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland
> > > ✎	 jmtd@debian.org
> > > 🔗	https://jmtd.net
> >
> > I finally got tired of seeing tofu for some of the glyphs in your sig,
> > so I looked up their Unicode codepoints:
>
> Interestingly, I see the glyphs in Mutt running in Gnome Terminal and in
> Vim as I edit this in the same Gnome Terminal.  My font is one
> installed locally, Droid Sans Mono Slashed which provides the zero
> character with a slash.
>
> I know that there is keyboard sequence in Gnome Terminal (Ctl-Shift-E
> then Space) to bring up a menu to select Unicode glyphs.
>
> 🐮

I'm pretty sure Droid Sans Mono Slashed doesn't have the glyphs in
question, and that you must actually have the noto or similar fonts
installed, with some part of the Gnome infrastructure finding them when
you select the glyphs. What does "fc-list | grep noto" show? If you
have the noto fonts installed, try uninstalling them and then see if
your system can still display the glyphs.

Celejar