Re: How to NOT automatically mount a specific partition of an external device?

Steve

I use a line in /etc/fstab like this for just this purpose:

UUID=      /mount/point/you/want       ext4    defaults,noexec,noauto  0
2

Rememer to mkdir -p the mount point you want.  And it doesn't have to
be /media.

The noexec means nothing can run from the device - not even root. You
may not want that situation

All the best

Keith Bainbridge

keith.bainbridge.3216@gmail.com