Re: OpenSMTPD won't start as part of systemd

On 10/29/2021 2:55 PM, Paul M. Foster wrote:
On 10/29/21 7:44 AM, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 12:39:09AM -0400, Paul M. Foster wrote:
"Stock install" in this case means I just let the installer set up the
networking, etc.
How that happens depends on which tasks you selected during the
installation.  If you go with "Standard" (as one often does when
installing for a server), network-manager is not installed.  But if
you select any of the desktop environment packages, N-M *is* installed,
and then networking is configured using that instead of /e/n/i.

I'm guessing you installed a desktop environment task during the
original installation on this machine.

And you would be correct.

Is this service 'NetworkManager-wait-online.service' (1) enabled, that
is if you use NM?

1)  https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Systemd

--
John Doe