OpenSMTPD won't start as part of systemd

Folks:

This is just an annoyance, but it really shouldn't happen. As my system is rebooting, and all the startup chatter echos to the screen, I notice that OpenSMTPd fails to start. Once I'm logged in, I can start it manually with no problem. When I look at the failure mode, it appears that it thinks the "eno1" interface isn't functioning, so it can't monitor that interface. The config file for OpenSMTPd specifies that it should listen on localhost and eno1. I looks at the systemd config file for this package, and it specifies that this unit should executed after "network.target" ("After=network.target"). I'm not that familiar with systemd.

Any clues on how to fix this? Is it a systemd problem, or something else?

Paul