Re: OpenSMTPD won't start as part of systemd

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 12:39:09AM -0400, Paul M. Foster wrote:
> "Stock install" in this case means I just let the installer set up the
> networking, etc.

How that happens depends on which tasks you selected during the
installation.  If you go with "Standard" (as one often does when
installing for a server), network-manager is not installed.  But if
you select any of the desktop environment packages, N-M *is* installed,
and then networking is configured using that instead of /e/n/i.

I'm guessing you installed a desktop environment task during the
original installation on this machine.