Re: Reading of release notes (was Re: Still on stretch, getting ready for bullseye)

On 19/08/2021 13:21, songbird wrote:
when i changed motherboards i figured it was worth a fresh
install

This line of thought probably comes from Windows, when any hardware
change causes problems, drivers installation, it can refuse to boot,
etc. Not a problem on Debian :)

Motherboard or even CPU model or manufacturer has no effect on Debian
installation. Look at LiveCD images, they work on everything. Your
system also works on everything unless you specifically disabled some
modules, recompiled kernel just for your hardware, and so on.

I sometimes use persistent Linux on a stick, to boot any computer with
my Linux distro, instead of typical LiveCD, for diagnostics or
maintenance. I am yet to find a computer where my USB stick wouldn't
boot. And that's normal installed OS, not LiveCD. It's full meat, latest
Linux Mint, compressed Btrfs, with all updates and plenty of software
installed.

--

With kindest regards, piorunz.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀