Re: Reading of release notes (was Re: Still on stretch, getting ready for bullseye)

rhkramer@gmail.com writes:

> But, if I did do an upgrade from one version to the next, it would not
> surprise me if I forgot to read the upgrade notes.

For me, the instructions for upgrading in the release notes are the only
way I know how to find out how to upgrade Debian from one release to the
next. I guess there might be other methods, I remember once upgrading
Ubuntu with a GUI tool that just popped up, Windows-like. But the
release notes are the only trustworthy docs I know of so I don't see
what else I could use.

And yes, the working upgrades are the reason I've stuck with Debian
since Hamm. My ever evolving desktop computer is on its second
installation now since I reinstalled when I switched to 64-bits
somewhere in the decade before last.