Re: Still on stretch, getting ready for bullseye

On Tue 17 Aug 2021 at 16:00:57 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

[...]

> I think the others have mostly covered this but:

But it bears repeating for the OP and others.

Comment out *everything* in sources.list and then edit to  have only

  deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free

Update and upgrade.

Chande stretch to buster and do the same again.

Then edit buster to bullseye and repeat.

> Do the update to Buster - take it as slow as you need to. Bring it bang
> up to date.
>
> For the Buster to Bullseye -
>
> READ RELEASE NOTES :)

Of course! Do users not do this as a standard procedure? :)

--
Brian