Re: New video card, how to deal?

didier gaumet <didier.gaumet@gmail.com> writes:

> There is an Experimental Debian repository which contains the most up-
> to-date non-free Nvidia driver (470.57.02-1, similar to Nvidia
> website):
> https://packages.debian.org/experimental/nvidia-driver

Yes, thanks. Sure, experimental and unstable too already have new enough
drivers but as you say that means dozens of packages from unstable (43
to be exact) or going completely to unstable.

Well, getting the dual screen setup working in Arch was quite
interesting. With Yesterday's Arch it works but considering my earlier
two tries were crashy I don't think I want to run Arch or Debian
Unstable for more than experiments and previews.

Thanks to Hans too for mentioning Nvidia's installer. I did that for
years and maybe now again.

> But it is likely that shortly after Bullseye release, this version of
> the driver will land in Sid (Unstable). And I imagine that later, in
> Bulseye-backports too.

Yes, in a few weeks or months.