Re: Is there an alternative filesystem hierarchy that could be adapted to Debian.

On Mi, 10 mar 21, 15:26:41, Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z wrote:
> > You're not only allowed to think that, you're allowed to get
> > people together and do it.
> >
> > All the code in Debian proper has free licenses, and you're
> > welcome to create a Debian derivation that conforms to your idea
> > of what is proper.
> >
> > It's going to be a lot of work, though. You should probably
> > start with investigating the FHS and debootstrap to figure out what you want.
> >
> > -dsr-
>
> Thanks for your encouragement.  I hope someday it becomes real,
> and only with the installation of one meta-package.

Based on Debian's experience with usr-merge I'm guessing it's *much*
more involved than that.

Paths are likely hard coded in a *lot* of places (besides the usual
suspects, like shebangs).

https://wiki.debian.org/UsrMerge

Kind regards,
Andrei