Re: Is there an alternative filesystem hierarchy that could be adapted to Debian.

Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z wrote:
> But why do we have to use a system designed for such old computers
> when the now old computers are much more capable than that.
> I think it needs a redesign.

You're not only allowed to think that, you're allowed to get
people together and do it.

All the code in Debian proper has free licenses, and you're
welcome to create a Debian derivation that conforms to your idea
of what is proper.

It's going to be a lot of work, though. You should probably
start with investigating the FHS and debootstrap to figure out what you want.

-dsr-